Ask any of the Orlando photographers what their preference is: to book your shoot for tomorrow and try to do their best with what’s given or to book ahead of time and plan the session the right way? Does it include understanding the needs of your family to serve you better, styling the session, helping with the outfits?
When is the Best Time to Book a Photo Session?
I have never been asked this question EVER. Instead, I get:
– Hi, are you free next Friday to take photographs of my family? And how soon can I get the photos from the shoot?
And usually, my answer is:
– I would love to! But I am booked next Friday, and the Friday after next and a couple more Fridays… Let’s take a look at my schedule.
The reasons why booking a session ahead of time is VERY important to get the best results:
1. Planning a beautiful session takes time. A lot of time, if you want to get the right results. If it is a beauty session – then we need to make sure the hair and makeup artist is available to work her magic and to bring the best of your features! We need to find the best possible outfits to photograph the beautiful you! You might have them in the closet, or you may need to go shopping (FUN!!!). If it is a family session, we need to coordinate the outfits for your family (even more fun :-P) We need to make sure we have the best location for you and your family.
2. If you are looking for a family or a beauty photo shoot done right away you probably will not get the best Orlando photographer for your needs, because photographers, as any other business professionals, like to have a steady business, so they market and work hard in order to get solid bookings for at least a couple of months or more ahead of time.
3. You will need to plan time aside to look your best for the photographs. Get your hair freshly done, get a manicure, maybe a bit of suntan. So you look and FEEL your best 🙂
4. Your photographer needs time to get ready for the session to serve you the best of her abilities. She might need new props, she might need to research the new location. She definitely needs time to get to know you better to deliver the right results.
So… booking your session early, allowing time for planning and getting the things done right is VERY important. I have some sessions booked 6 months in advance and it allows me and my client to get 100% ready for the session and deliver what my client wanted.
To call with questions or to book your shoot early please call 650.218.2417 or email email@example.com